Training for your organisation
Looking to provide training for your colleagues, team or organisation? We’re here to help.
The Tavistock and Portman Digital Academy was launched in 2020 to widen access to our world-class teaching and learning – allowing us to deliver high-quality training to more participants than ever before.
If you’re searching for a way to efficiently upscale professional development for members of staff within your organisation, our flexible online courses may be just what you’re looking for.
Why choose our Digital Academy?
The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust works with employers across the health, social work, social care, education and voluntary sectors to deliver training that truly meets the changing and complex needs of their organisation and employees.
By providing training through our new Digital Academy, your organisation will not only benefit from our world-class educational content, but from an efficient and convenient mode of delivery:
- Enrol groups of participants onto our courses at any time, then let them work through the content at their own pace – our convenient, online format supports the busiest of schedules!
- Choose a payment method that works for you – we’re able to accept payment by bank transfer or invoice, and we’ll support you through the booking and enrolment process.
- Trust in the quality of our courses, each one developed by our NHS Clinician-Tutors to integrate the key elements of our unique teaching model and the very latest clinical practice.
- Evidence learning and development – participants earn a downloadable certificate upon successful completion of our courses, and many courses carry official CPD accreditation.
Perinatal Mental Health Courses
‘A Brief Introduction to Perinatal Mental Health‘ and ‘Introduction to Perinatal Mental Illness, Risk, Care and Treatment‘ have been developed in line with the Perinatal Mental Health Competency Framework to benefit a wide range of mental health practitioners and non-mental health professionals.
With a strong clinical focus, the courses support participants in understanding the prevalence and impact of perinatal mental illness, building the practical knowledge and skills that are central to providing effective care throughout the perinatal period. Interactive and multimedia elements ensure participants remain motivated and engaged, while the courses’ flexible, self-directed format means they can always be incorporated into a busy schedule.
Both courses will support you in establishing a strong and consistent foundation of knowledge throughout your team or organisation, in order to improve the experience of the women, infants and families in your care.
Find out more:
Child Development Courses
‘Children’s Brain and Emotional Development: What people working with children really need to know‘ and ‘Understanding and Nurturing Troubled Children‘ have been developed by Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist Dr Graham Music to build a deeper understanding of the factors that can affect how children behave, think and feel.
Integrating the latest clinical and scientific knowledge about children’s development, the courses offer insights into children’s emotional and psychological states in the context of new research into the brain, body and nervous system – covering influences on the developing child, key developmental stages, and topics such as trauma, neglect and resilience.
Both courses will help professionals at all levels in your organisation to better understand children’s behaviours and mental states, and feel more confident in the support and care they provide.
Find out more:
Working Towards Wellbeing
Our new four ‘Working Towards Wellbeing’ Mini Courses have been developed in collaboration with the Tavistock and Portman Add | Wellbeing team to promote mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Drawing on the key principles of systems-psychodynamic thinking, and integrating individual and organisational perspectives, each Mini Course delivers rich and in-depth learning experiences, with a clear, practical focus on the most pressing challenges and development needs facing organisations today, as we navigate the impact and aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The courses – ‘The Resilient Workplace‘, ‘Trauma, Self-care and Caring for Others‘, ‘Leadership, Followership and Mental Health‘ and ‘Maintaining Hope in Uncertain Times‘ – are available to book individually or as a set of four.
Find out more:
- Download Maintaining Hope in Uncertain Times flyer (PDF)
- Download The Resilient Workplace flyer (PDF)
- Download Trauma, Self-care and Caring for Others flyer (PDF)
- Download Leadership, Followership and Mental Health flyer (PDF)
- Download an introductory presentation (PDF)
- Download our Digital Academy Brochure (PDF)
To discuss the training needs of your colleagues, team or organisation, request a quote, or arrange trial access to a course, please get in touch with us by emailing DigitalAcademy@tavi-port.ac.uk.