Part of the ‘Working Towards Wellbeing’ series, this five-hour, online course explores how individual and organisational resilience can be understood and developed, in order to support mental health and wellbeing and facilitate more effective teamwork, particularly in times of stress or change.
Combining key theoretical ideas with practical examples and guidance, the course provides a clear and accessible framework for understanding organisational mental health, while also supporting you in developing your own capacity for reflection and resilience when faced with challenging group dynamics.
This course will allow you to:
- Understand what resilience means – not just for individuals, but also for teams and organisations
- Recognise and develop your own capacity for resilience, and learn how to support the development of resilience within your team
- Examine barriers to organisational resilience – with reference to three key theoretical perspectives and a “whole-system” approach
- Observe your contribution to team dynamics and understand how these can impact on your own and others’ wellbeing
- Recognise what happens when relationships ‘go wrong’, including how to understand bullying in the workplace
How will you learn?
- Explore key concepts through interactive lecture content and videos
- Deepen your understanding via regular opportunities for reflection
- Apply the theory to real life via a scenario-based ‘checklist’ activity
- Record your progress against clear learning objectives
Working Towards Wellbeing:
‘The Resilient Workplace’ is part of our ‘Working Towards Wellbeing’ suite, developed in collaboration with the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust’s ‘Add | Wellbeing’ team to promote mental health and wellbeing in the workplace. Drawing on the key principles of systems-psychodynamic thinking, each Mini Course delivers rich and in-depth learning experiences, with a clear, practical focus on the most pressing challenges and development needs facing organisations today.
- Resilience – definitions, levels and capacities
- Resilience for individuals, teams and organisations
- How do we develop resilience?
- Understanding organisations – a “whole-system” approach
- What gets in the way of developing organisational resilience?
- Understanding groups in relation to psychoanalytic concepts
- Understanding groups through a systems psychodynamic lens
- Observing yourself and your impact
- Resilience and reflection
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone interested in developing a healthier, more resilient workplace.
You may have management responsibilities, a role in Human Resources or Organisational Development, or a particular focus on mental health and wellbeing – or you may just be interested in learning more about this area.
Know someone who’d enjoy this course? Download a course flyer (PDF) to share with friends and colleagues.
There are no specific requirements for the course; it is open to all and assumes no prior knowledge of the area.
Upon completion of the course, you can download a Tavistock and Portman Digital Academy course certificate to evidence your learning.
This course runs continuously, so you can sign up at any time. It offers five hours of self-directed learning which you can undertake at a time and pace that suits you.
You will have access to the course and its materials for a total of four weeks. Access begins the day after you’ve registered and paid, when you will receive login details by email.
Book your place today
Our Mini Courses run continuously. You can book a place at any time using our secure 'MyTAP' booking system, and access begins the day after you’ve registered and paid, when you will receive login details by email.
...or try a course bundle
This course is also available as part of a convenient course bundle – providing you with 16 weeks of access to four related courses.